This is a part of Monsoon of Pakistan page
Provincial capitals 2013 June rainfall
Highest rain in the month of June was recorded in Murree – 303.1 mm (average monthly rain is 130 mm). The average rainfall is taken from Hong Kong Observatory (HKO);
- Islamabad got 78 mm (average monthly rain is 62.2 mm)
- Karachi got 22 mm (average monthly rain is 3.9 mm )
- Lahore got 177 mm (average monthly rain is 36.3 mm)
- Peshawar got 17.4 mm (average monthly rain is 7.7 mm)
- Muzaffarabad got 91 mm.
- Quetta did not get measurable rain.
Date of Issue – June 30
June ends with significant rains in Khyber and North Punjab
After three days – Rain coverage weakens over KPK, shifts towards Punjab!
First spell would weaken after night!
Western trough ’11′ now persists over the northern areas of the country. The Low pressure persist over the same area that is East Utter Pradesh. Thunderstorm has formed over NE Balochistan and adjoining south Punjab another over central Balochistan and adjoining Sindh. During the night, a thunderstorm can affect the northern areas of the country, mostly Punjab and Azad Kashmir including Islamabad.