“I will if You will”
Just for 60 minutes turn off your lights tonight, every country in the world will observe earth hour. Earth Hour has done a lot to raise awareness of sustainability issues. But there’s more to it than switching off lights for one hour once a year. It’s all about giving people a voice and working together to create a better future for our planet. It gives a platform for the people of the world to unite under one flag and order. Earth hour’s aim is to protect the only home to the human beings.
What is Earth hour?
Earth Hour is a global event organized by WWF (World Wildlife Fund) and is held on the last Saturday of March annually, asking households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and other electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change.
Punjab celebrates Earth hour since the start of the year!
Punjab, just dont lose your patience, bear the load-shedding for an another hour. Power crisis in Punjab has deepened and it may get worse but load-shedding in the province will be a blessing tonight because it will show the world that we care about this planet and Punjab has been observing this event since the start of summer.
How you can help?
Give up your electronics for one hour this year, to show the world that participation is the key to change the way we human things. Following are some 5 ways you can help Earth;
- Turn down all of the lights in your home. It’s a little strange sitting around in the dark, but it’s only for one hour. Just think of what it must have been like before the invention of the light bulb!
- Just like other electrical items, lamps should be unplugged when not in use. Unplug all of the floor and desk lamps in your home for Earth Hour. Only plug them back in as you need to use them.
- Shut down your computer/laptops. Most computers have a power switch at the back of the tower that shuts them down completely.
- Turn off your AC (Air-Conditioners).
Fun things to do
Electricity is not much fun. You could do so much without it in 60 minutes that does not mean that one is going back to the Stone Age but it shows we care about Earth. Following are the things you could do for fun;
- Have a candle light dinner.
- Go star-gazing.
- Exercise for one hour.
- Play board games with family and friends.
- Take a nice nap.
- Tell stories to children.
“I will If You will”
Its only 60 minutes, so switch off all-electric items from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm tonight to show that you care about the Earth. So what are you waiting for Pakistan!