ALERT: Fear of El Nino this monsoon as well- Last seen in 2009!
NOAA, Australian and Japanese Meteorological Agencies have issued El-Nino watch for the Pacific Ocean. Pak Government should gear up for any uncertain situation as deficient monsoon rain may worsen the persisting drought in Thar, leading to severe drought conditions extending upto south Punjab and adjoining Balochistan. El Nino (the boy) refers to the warming of the Pacific Ocean which usually causes the collapse of monsoon in the Indian sub-continent.
The two strongest El-Nino events of the last century included 1982–83 and 1997–98. Pakistan experienced it’s worst drought from 1997 till 2002. Recently an El-Nino was witnessed in 2009.
- El-Nino comeback: Monsoon collapses, Pakistan going into drought!
- Let it be La-Nina or maybe El-Nino?
- Post drought: Monsoon broke silence over Karachi!
- Total collapse of Monsoon expected in July?
- Little girl may return for Monsoon: La-Nina episode!
- History of drought in Pakistan – In detail
- When will Monsoon start over Pakistan? – In Detail!
4 replies to “Unexpected Monsoon may worsen the Thar drought!”
Monsoon of 2009 returning to Karachi 😀
2009 was a rare Monsoon (my favorite one 😛 ), I doubt it can repeat!
HOPE makes the world go round :p
well thank god no drought in north Pakistan what will happen in isb and khaur in coming days.